Every couple needs to set their intentions to keep their relationship alive. Explore these below at different times and go to the linked articles for a fuller explanation.
- Listen to understand and appreciate, not to refute
- Expect individual differences and seek to understand, not always reconcile them
- Find your spouse as you leave home, and arrive back to offer hugs and kisses
- Call “time outs” before you say things you will regret
- Reconnect when you have cooled down and repair any hurt, so as
- Figure out the minimum time requirement to make your marital bond secure.
- Spend one evening a week together out without the kids and feel alive together and remember how much you love to be with each other.
Post by Jim Walkup